Hot stone massage has an origin that dates back over 2000 years and is universally recognised as a technique to primarily promote relaxation with extra health benefits.
The stones are typically made up of basalt as it is a material with a high iron concentration and can, therefore, retain a lot of heat. The stones are heated usually to around 70 degrees Celsius. The stones are then placed on specific points of the body to ease muscle tension. The hot stones promote faster blood circulation as they warm the underlying tissue; the muscles become more relaxed which allows the therapist to access deeper muscle layers.
The hot stone massage will provide you with a number of advantages:
- It allows your therapist to promote deeper muscle relaxation
- Your muscles become less tense
- Your blood circulation increases and your muscles relax
- It can reduce stress and anxiety
- Can help to boost your immunity
- Help with many painful medical conditions such as Fibromyalgia
- Help to detoxify your body
Manchester – The Hope Centre
If you require any more information or want to book a hot stone massage in Manchester or Glasgow, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.